NEW! Geriatric Care ECHO Webinar Series for 2017-2018 NEW!
2nd Wednesday of Each Month, 4:00 to 5:00pm
Free for doctors and health professionals using web conferencing technology.
If you participated in an ECHO session with us, please take the time to fill in the online evaluation form.
The Geriatric Care Webinar Series began in partnership with ECHO Hawaii, which is part of Project ECHO® (Extension for Community Healthcare Outcomes) to help build and improve PCP/health professional skills in relation to geriatric medicine. Project ECHO® originated at the University of New Mexico with the goal of sharing knowledge and skills especially to underserved or rural locations around the world. All webinars in ECHO utilize a popular and easy to use software called ZOOM which is free and easily accessible for participants to use.
- Aida Wen MD, Associate Professor, JABSOM
- Pia Lorenzo MD, Assistant Professor, JABSOM
- Winnie Suen, MD, JABSOM
- Chad Kawakami PharmD, Assistant Professor, UHH Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy
- Norine Wong MSW, Medical Social Work Consultant, GWEP
- Mary Gadam RN, Public Health Nurse
To register for one or more sessions, please contact Jon Nakasone at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 808-692-1692. You may also register online.
|August 9, 2017||Insomnia|
|September 13, 2017||Maximizing Medication Safety: Principles of safe prescribing, Better choices, recognizing ADE, polypharmacy strategy, focus on Anticoagulation and DM, Beers, Confusing sigs, utilizing the pharmacist, safe administration|
|October 11, 2017||Falls|
|November 8, 2017||Maximizing Medication Safety|
|December 13, 2017||Title: Dysphagia
1. Appreciate the implications of dysphagia diets on quality of life.
|January 10, 2018||Title: Osteoporosis Update
|February 14, 2018||Title: Diabetes and Brain Health- implications for management
– Understand how hyperglycemia can cause cognitive decline
|March 14, 2018||To Be Determined|
|April 11, 2018||To Be Determined|
|May 9, 2018||To Be Determined|
|June 13, 2018||To Be Determined|
|July 11, 2018||To Be Determined|
Please note: Topics may be subject to change. Please contact Jon Nakasone at email@example.com if you have questions.
|Computer Connection (PC or Mac)||http://echo.zoom.us Click on Join an ECHO Zoom Meeting.
Enter ID Number: 633 697 5870, then click Join.
|Phone Connection||+1 646 558 8656 or +1 408 638 0968 ID Number: 633 697 5870
(Not toll free)
|iPhone, Android or BlackBerry
ID Number: 633 697 5870
|In Person||Kuakini Medical Center, HPM-9 Building (9th floor), Conference Room, 347 N. Kuakini St., Honolulu, HI 96817 (Validation Provided)|
Important Request for Participants
- When you log into the session, you will be prompted to type your name in order to enter the meeting. Please type out your whole name so we can track who is attending.
- For those of you attending as a group, we will need the names of your staff who attended. You can either send us email about your group or type in the Chat tool in ZOOM. Please send email to: (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- If you are calling-in, please let us know who you are by email because we’re keeping track of attendance and only the phone number will show up on the screen. Please send email to: (email@example.com)
- The conference site will be open 15 minutes early for any technical questions or practice, so if you’d like to become more familiar with ZOOM, you are welcome to join us from 3:45pm.
CME credits will be provided to physicians. Other medical/health care professionals will also receive a certificate of attendance.
The Hawai`i Consortium for Continuing Medical Education is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Hawai`i Consortium for Continuing Medical Education designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Sponsored by Hawaii State Rural Health Association, Hawaii Department of Health, Hawaii AHEC, Pacific Basin Telehealth Resource Center
The Hawai‘i Consortium for Continuing Medical Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The Hawai‘i Consortium for Continuing Medical Education designates this activity for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ per session. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.